Friday, January 24, 2014

How to Make Rice Krispy Hearts- Valentine's Day Treats







First, get a box of Rice Krispies. I got the value pack so I can make many of these cute hearts in time for Valentine's Day.




My heart stencil was semi- large, so I grabbed 5 Rice Krispies from the box and combined them by squishing them with clean hands.



Once you have combined the treats, make sure they are completely flat to ease the process of cutting out a shape. I happened to have a heart cookie cutter, but you can just cut out the shape you desire with a butter knife.



Finally, the last step is to frost. I grabbed white frosting and put it into two bowls. In one I added blue food coloring (4 drops) and in the other, red (2 drops). I frosted the krispy cookie first and then put the pink frosting in a plastic baggy to write out a message. I was trying to recreate the look of the Sweethearts candies.



Hope you enjoyed this DIY cookie! This would make a great treat to give to friends or loved ones. Make sure to check out our youtube channel for a full step by step tutorial on this treat and several more Valentine's Day goodies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment