Saturday, February 8, 2014

DIY Makeup Brush Cleaner


Hey everyone! Today I'm going to be sharing how I clean my makeup brushes. A lot of dirt and bacteria are hidden in makeup brushes. That can affect how your skin looks and feels. Be sure to clean your brushes after each time you use them, or at least one every 3 days. 






The ingredients you're going to need are very simple. You'll need some dish soap and coconut oil. You can substitute extra virgin olive oil for the coconut oil if you'd like, but I prefer the yummy smell of coconut on my brushes when I use them.



I only had a couple of brushes to clean so I used 2 teaspoons of dish soap and about one teaspoon of coconut oil. Coconut oil comes in solid form, so I put the bowl in the microwave for 7 seconds to melt it into liquid form.


To clean the brushes you're going to want to softly dip your brush into the mixture and get a fair amount of soap on there. Next, swirl the brush around the back of your hand to remove the makeup. Rinse under the sink while continuing to swirl to remove all traces of makeup and bacteria from the brush.



Here are my cleaned, wet makeup brushes. Once I clean them all, I put them in a cup with the bristles facing upward. I find that they dry the quickest this way. Hope you all enjoyed this DIY makeup brush cleaner! Make sure to check out our youtube channel Babblebuzz96 for makeup tutorials , advice, DIY projects, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment