Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Self Esteem

Self esteem and self confidence is one of the reasons Lexi and I started our youtube videos and this blog. It is now shown that to be pretty you have to look a certain way and girls across the globe are constantly putting themselves down for not looking that way. We need to change that. Having confidence is all about being comfortable in your own skin and being happy with who you are. 


Personally, I have had some experiences with bullying when I was in middle school and my freshman year of high school. It was very difficult to cope with and I felt very alone. I blamed myself for looking different and I hated myself. It wasn't until my Junior year when I had a teacher who showed me that I was beautiful. He gave me some great advice I would like to share with you.

First, you need to figure out what exactly is making you insecure. Your voice? Acne? Weight? Isolate what exactly is making you unhappy about yourself. Once you realize what you hate, you must learn to love it. Flaunt it. Compliment yourself at least three times a day. At first I thought it was stupid to compliment myself, but it really did help. Eventually you start believing it. Another thing to do is make lists. Write what you're proud of, what makes you unique, what you love about yourself, and anything else that will positively contribute to your self confidence. Do things that you love. Run, play a sport, join a club, start taking pictures, or start journaling. There are many tasks you can do to get rid of your negative energy and transfer it to positive energy.

Gaining self confidence is not an easy task. It may take months- maybe even years. But let me just tell you, once you are happy with the way you are there is no better feeling. Your happiness and joy will radiate and you will attract people who genuinely love you for who you are.

"To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are." -Anonymous

If any of you are dealing with self esteem issues please feel free to comment or email me at babblebuzz96@gmail.com and I would gladly reply as fast as I can. Hope this helped someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment