Friday, March 7, 2014

High School Talks- What Defines Beauty?

Hey everyone, I was pondering what do high schoolers think about? As sad as it is, the most thought about thing in high school is appearance. I asked four high schoolers, at random what beauty is to them and here is their response. 







Caro, 17

I define beauty as someone who is genuinely a good person, has a good personality, and is selfless.






Anna, 17

Beauty is when someone has a really nice personality. For example when someone opens the door for you, when someone laughs at your jokes. I define beauty as someone who puts others before themselves. 
Julio, 18

When I think of beauty, I don't think of the word. I think of what it means. To me, beauty means a person who stands out. Who thinks positive and is happy with what they have in their present time. Someone who is beautiful is someone who is able to step out of themselves and feel like they're beautiful. Someone who shows that they love themselves and love who they are. Beauty is also something that everyone shares, just some choose not to see it. They start to think that way and it revolves around their whole body and makes them feel un-beautiful. In reality, beauty is what you make of it and if you think that you're beautiful then you definitely are. Beauty is beautiful. It makes us feel happy and perfect and willing to be something. 






Nicole, 16

Beauty is imperfection. It is having flaws, recognizing them, but moving forward and embracing the differences between you and others and what sets you apart. That is true beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment